 CAD / 12536
12535  |  12537
Subject:
Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 22:12:44 GMT

Hi all...I just found out about MLCAD/Ldraw/Lpub last week, and I've been trying
to figure out all the programs.  I was able to create an .mpd of an archway with
a clocktower above it.  It seems to work fine in MLCAD, but when I try to build
instruction images using Lpub, it freezes up the program.

My .mpd consists of four .ldr files:

Archway top.ldr
Archway full top.ldr
Clocktower base.ldr
Tunnel base.ldr

1) When I try to build the instruction images through Lpub, an error message
appears--"count_steps: failed to open file Archway for reading". Lpub then
freezes and I have to close it down using task manager

2)There is a single 1 kb file in my models folder called "Archway" (no extension
on the file).  If I delete this file, and then try to build instructions, it now
reads: "create_mpd_construction_dats needs to create file
C:\LDRAW\MODELS\Archway, but it already exists"

I tested the building instructions function of Lpub out using a simple ldr file
from the tutorial on ldraw.org, and it worked fine (downloaded POV RAy 3.1,
Mega-POV, and L3P).  I'm guessing it is a problem with the way I constructed my
original .mpd, as I was fairly unsure of what I was doing.  However, when I
create instruction images using MLCAD on my final .mpd, it seems to work ok.
Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks, in advance.  Feel
free to email me.

Raj