 CAD / 12576
Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:02:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:

  1.  Everything to the end of line except trailing whitespace.
  2.  Accept filenames with surrounding quotes (and whitespace inside).
  3.  Both 1 and 2 are acceptable.
  4.  Same as 3, but prefer 1.
  5.  Same as 3, but prefer 2.
  6.  8.3 filenames only.  Curses upon you if you do anything else.

You could also define an escape character, to accept the character following
(including spaces) as part of the string. However, as the standard allows both /
and \ as directory separators, it would require some character other than \ (a
common choice) to be used. But as long as you use a character that is currently
invalid, it would be backward compatible.

ROSCO