 CAD / 11675
Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:37:46 GMT

Personally I would like to see a standard parts structure like this, at least
for MLCAD;

Parts

oldparts

unoffparts

myparts

Parts would be the officially released parts

oldparts would be where old official parts are moved to when they are updated

unoffparts is just that, unapproved parts not part of official release

myparts is where you can develop new parts.

In MLCAD you click on the parts list you want and get only the parts in that
list.

when you display an existing model and the part exists in more than one list,
display a selection box to allow the person to select the version of the part
they want to use.

there would have to be a way to move parts between lists and possible a method
to allow the user to move parts form list to list or even delete parts for one
or more lists.

that is the basic idea. I know it would be a complex process to code, but it is
worth a thought or 2.