 CAD / 11608
Re: *** MLCad V3.10 is available ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:31:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
   Just a quick not, that I’ve a new release ready for download ...

http://www.lm-software.com/mlcad/

Best regards, Michael

First of all thanks for a really great program, I use it all the time and get much joy from it. But I was wondering: Are you only interested in bugs right now, or can I add (a lot of) new wishes as well?

Anyway, here’s a list of bugs I’d encountered in 3.0 that have survived:

1 Undo doesn’t work - It would REALLY be a great help if this function worked: delete is so close to the button you use for moving things y+.

2 Bad integration of the two windows availibly parts tree (APT) and part preview (PP): Example: When you click on bricks in the APT-window, the PP-window changes to bricks, but if you then shift to slopes via the PP scroll list (S), it doesn’t affect the ATP-window that stays stuck in the brick-section, whicht mean that you have to take a little trip around something else to shift the PP back on bricks (don’t hit the baseplates or you’ll wait forever!). -When you’re building your model up in layered steps, you do a lot of this kind of shifting around and the small delays adds up to a lot of wasted time.

3 Enter position & orientation works irregulary: When you want angle something in more directions (I do this a lot!), it’s different if you have more pieces selected, or only one:

1 piece: The last thing you wrote in the rotation vector boxes is still there. Thats fine if you whish to correct it, but really annoying if you whish to add a new angle “on top of it”, since the first angle gets deleted if you add another one. The problem can be averted by temporarily adding a second piece (see below), which isn’t very satisfying since it affects the rotation point.

More pieces: Contrary to the previous one, the first rotationvector gets hidden in the rotationmatrix so you can add anoher one “on top of it”. -Thats fine if you whish a more complex orientation, but if you’re trying to hit a certain angle it can get pretty messy because you have to remember exactly what rotation direction you’re wordking in, and which angle you added last: When you start making errors (and errors when trying to correct them), this can get really messy.

-What I really would like was that it was optionally, if you whished to correct the angle (single piece verions) or add another one on top (mulitple piece version), instead of being “pushed around” by the oddities of the program, but a combination of an undo-buttom that works and hiding the last angle (mulitple pieces version) would work fine.

But now I’ve drifted into my long whislist, so I hold here untill I find out if this is the thread to voice them in.

Best regards NB