 Announcements / 2198
2197  |  2199
Subject:
News from Switzerland - Major Site Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:21:56 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello all

You may believe it or not - I finally managed to finish work on my newest webpage update. After more than a year, ‘Engineering with ABS’ features new MOCs and new building hints.

So, what’s new in detail?

The first MOC I am proud to announce is a 1 / 28 scale model of the famous Mountaineer, a stripping shovel built by the Marion Power Shovel Company in 1956. http://www.fhso.ch/~felber-b/mountain.htm This model is fully functional: working hoist and crowd mechanism, swing drive, bottom dump bucket and an elevator for the crew, passing the turntable. Read the full story under the above mentioned link.

The second MOC is a Caterpillar D8 with Cable Operated Blade. It’s in the same scale as the Mountaineer and was built to show the huge dimensions of stripping shovels in reality. http://www.fhso.ch/~felber-b/catd8.htm

In the Building Hints section I added a page about sliding doors. This because I developed a new construction first used on the Mountaineer. http://www.fhso.ch/~felber-b/sdoors.htm

Finally, I slightly changed the overall layout of my homepage to increase readability. Hope you like it.

So have a look at http://www.fhso.ch/~felber-b and let me know what you think...

Greetings from Switzerland

Beat