 Technic / 11494
Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:32:14 GMT

   It seems the real machine crashed.

Well, the machine pictured is not the one I built my model after. My model is a scaled down copy of the Marion type 5760 stripping shovel called ‘The Mountaineer’. There were five type 5760 built, with ‘The Mountaineer’ being the first. Two other famous shovels were called ‘Coal Chief’ and ‘Big Paul’ respectively.

The machine pictured is a type 5761, the successor of the 5760. As far as I remember, sixteen machines of the type 5761 were built.

   I don’t know what was happened with the machine after the crash.

It was decided to scrap the machine because it would have been too complicated to erect it again :-(

Greetings from Switzerland

Beat