 Technic / 11169
Re: News from Switzerland - Major Site Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:36:59 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Beat Felber wrote:
   I really don’t dare to tell, but the Mountaineer doesn’t exist any more.

What?!?!?! Your kidding, right?

   After I took it outside the house to take some pictures I didn’t wanted to take it all the way back - there were several stairways - so I brought it in the cellar where only three steps of a stair were to be descended. There it met its fate - I disassembled it and therefore was able to determine the weight of 26.7 kg of LEGO parts and 2.6 kg of counterweight, resulting in an overall model weight of 29.3 kg.

I know the problem. The size of your model is really shown on the picture with you behind it. It’s unbelievable how many kilos of LEGO bricks you put into it. It takes a lot of time to bring everything downstairs. And you have to do it very carefully. Taking it upstairs is less fun, I know it from my experience when I’m ariving back home after a modelshow or photo session. It’s a shame you took it apart. Hopefully you’re working on something new.

   Dennis, let me assure you that I really would like to have my Mountaineer featured in a printed publication. It is a model I am really proud of and therefore I am willing to share its details with everybody seriously interested in it. I propose you send me a mail when you will have detailed information about the magazine and I will help you with providing pictures and descriptions.

The committee asked me to contact some LEGO enthusiastics which have built some astonishing models like you did. I have some friends in Holland which I haven’t contact yet about it, but they will cooperate for sore. It will also be nice to reach some ‘foreigners’. Maybe Jennifer and TJ would also like to send some clear pictures and descriptions for the magazine. I can ask for an English version and scan some pages to show them on the internet.

When there’s enough response and the committee really bring out some specials, I will let you know via Lugnet.

Dennis