 Administrative / General / 7992
Re: Let’s be inclusive, and not exclusive. (was Re: My point.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
However, as far as I can see it looks like you reacted to his
criticism of you more than anything else.

Interesting guess, but wrong.  Here are the threshold breakers:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=6608
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=6609

[1] Yes, I have permission to republish these comments here.  It's part of
the Terms of Use Agreement that anything submitted to LUGNET is subject to
being republished.  I don't regularly post feedback comments publicly, of
course...this is the first time, and I hope it's the last.

You may be right - but I think you were wrong.

Thanks for your input.  You may be right about it being a bad idea to post
feedback comments as a general rule, and I completely agree with that, as
alluded to above.  However, in this case there is an additional bit of info
not mentioned above:  In the dead-articles file on the server is a nearly
identical body of text that was submitted by MM as a post but rejected by
the server.  According to HTTP logs, as soon as he realized he'd lost the
ability to post, he went straight to the feedback form and typed in basically
the same thing.  I don't recall the exact differences but they were miniscule.
I don't think it was wrong to post the comments.

--Todd