 Off-Topic / Debate / 6609
Re: Sad state of affairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:55:20 GMT

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:44:33 GMT, "Dave Johann"
<hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote:

Matthew-I'm sorry you are so angry inside that you feel the need to respond to
every post with a forked tongue.

People in the Lego community are responsible for my current views.  I
first had contact with the Lego Community on RTL, I had some
suggestions and ideas about a new website and was looking to see if
anyone would be willing to help me.  I got ass reamed for it, people
screamed at me telling me we already had Lugnet, Brickshelf, etc and
that anything I would try and do would be worthless and stupid.  It
really hurt me at the time, it also made me very angry, so I flamed
back, and thus ensued one of the more memorable flame wars in Lego
Community history.  I finally got fed up and I left.  I now operate
independent for Lego enthusiast who wish to see my work and share in
my opinions.  I wanted something I could put on my website which would
easily explain why I feel the way I do about the Lego community.  And
now I have it.  I thank you all for that, and I just want you to know
that I will put every effort into showing new Lego enthusiasts on the
web the way people like you are.  I will repay the generosity and
friendliness that was given to me on RTL some three years ago and the
update you all gave me today.

-Matthew