 Administrative / General / 8000
Re: Let s be inclusive, and not exclusive. (was Re: My point.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:10:01 GMT

Scott A wrote:
I'm not sure I do want to speak to him, but I'm also not sure about how is
banning came about. I pointed out posts earlier which (I think) were worse
than his. So why were they allowed, when his "input" is not?

My perception is that the banning occured because:

1. there was clearly a single individual who was fanning the flames of a
flame war which had potential to severely impact Lugnet's mission

2. the individual communicated pretty clear threats which were
sufficiently credible as to require immediate action (though obviously
banning the individual in and of itself does little to protect against
the threat [it does partially block the possibility of the individual
news bombing the server])

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com