 Administrative / Terms of Use / 259
Re: Let’s be inclusive, and not exclusive. (was Re: My point.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:51:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek writes:
One fix, of course, is to remove this mechanism completely. That may be
best, I can't say what your intent in having it was in the first place.

I think you're right -- removing it may be best, and I wouldn't miss it if it
were gone.  It doesn't get used often, and it would do just as well to give an
email link there.  As to its purpose/intention, it just happened to be an easy
thing to do, given some other stuff at a lower level that was there (CLSotW
input uses the same input mechanism).  This was feeping creaturitis, I think,
falling into the category of "just because was extremely easy to implement
doesn't mean that was necessarily a wise idea."  I think at the time I also
was wanting to avoid giving an e-mail link for spam harvesting reasons, but
spammers know how to send mail to foo@yourdomain.com anyway, so that's kinda
a moot issue.

Thanks for the suggestion -- I changed the page to an e-mail link -- no more
form.

--Todd