  *588379 (-20)
Re: Communication with Swan firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:36:25 GMT

I've used the RCX with standard LEGO firmware, though I'm not familiar with the
Swan firmware.  Having said that, this simply sounds like the old message is not
getting cleared to make room for the new message.  Have you tried calling the
ClearMessage() function?

If that doesn't fix it, try posting your source code and maybe someone can
figure it out.

Re: June Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 21:00:39 GMT

What's really scary is when I read that posting NO WHERE does it mention who is
posting.  Hmm.  maybe lugnet is at the cottage?

Subject:
June Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 21:08:04 GMT

Well...

I'm up at a cottage so I can't be at the Swiss Chalet for dinner tomorrow.
However, if you so desire, you can show up--
Usual Swiss Chalet
6:30 p.m. Friday (tomorrow)
See you next month!

Subject:
May Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2018 16:23:36 GMT

Guess what?

Dinner --

Friday, May 11th
Swiss Chalet
Dundas St Etobicoke
6:30 p.m.

I may bring a few things for show, but we'll see.

Dave K

Subject:
May Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2018 16:23:06 GMT

Guess what?

Dinner --

Friday, May 11th
Swiss Chalet
Dundas St Etobicoke
6:30 p.m.

I may bring a few things for show, but we'll see.

Dave K

Subject:
MMmmmmmm.... Hungry.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2018 14:42:58 GMT

I'm so hungry that I'd like to start the Friday dinner a half-hour earlier

That being said, if you still show up at 7, we'll still be there.

But for all--

Dinner --

Friday, March 9th
Swiss Chalet
Dundas St Etobicoke
6:30 p.m.

Re: LEGO Axle Sorter, was Re: St. Patty's Day Dinner!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2018 17:05:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, “David Koudys” davidkoudys@gmail.com wrote:
   I probably should have changed the title as I’m x-posting to a different group. Back in the heyday here, I woulda been raked over the coals for that (1)...

Dave K
  1. :)
  2. but since there’s no one here to stop me... (3)
  3. Oh, and replying at the top of the message (2)
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, “David Koudys” davidkoudys@gmail.com wrote:
   So here’s some prelim pics and a few vids of the axle sorter working--

https://flic.kr/s/aHskxshhby

As I said on my Flickr page (and below), I’ve been thinking about this since someone mentioned this at an rtlT event years ago, but didn’t work on it until this video--

https://youtu.be/9JClgd0bBvc

So I blatantly ripped off the sorting setup, but wanted to use a drum instead of a scissor lift. Was that the right thing to do? Eh...

I’m not done yet and it’s not 100%. As a matter of fact, I really didn’t have time to test this before I packed it up for our LEGO dinner tonite...

So there’ll be future iterations.

The good bit, I tried to make it break down into a few smaller pieces for ease of transport, That’ll make it easier to move around and update

Dave K

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, “David Koudys” davidkoudys@gmail.com wrote:
   Or March Dinner, since it, like Valentines Day, doesn’t fall on this particular day...

Anyway,

Friday, March 9th Swiss Chalet Dundas St Etobicoke 7 p.m.

I may bring along an axle sorter (that I’m currently making portable) that’ll run on a battery box, so if ya wanna bring some axles for sorting... :)

Dave K -getting back into building mode, specifically ‘old school’ technic stuff :)

--was going to haul out an RCX for the sorter, but wanted the challenge of doing it straight battery

Hi David,

I will be there too. Long time since I last participated to anything Lego related, but I need to feel alive again. Perhaps we can revive the group a bit...

Cheers, Gabriel.

Subject:
LEGO Axle Sorter, was Re: St. Patty's Day Dinner!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2018 15:47:38 GMT

[...]

Re: St. Patty's Day Dinner!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2018 15:40:29 GMT

[...]

Subject:
St. Patty's Day Dinner!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2018 15:42:18 GMT

Or March Dinner, since it, like Valentines Day, doesn't fall on this particular
day...

Anyway,

Friday, March 9th
Swiss Chalet
Dundas St Etobicoke
7 p.m.

I may bring along an axle sorter (that I'm currently making portable) that'll
run on a battery box, so if ya wanna bring some axles for sorting... :)

Dave K
-getting back into building mode, specifically 'old school' technic stuff :)

--was going to haul out an RCX for the sorter, but wanted the challenge of doing
it straight battery

Subject:
LUGNET experiencing minor technical issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2018 05:58:15 GMT

Hi all,

as some of you may have noticed, we have upgraded LUGNET to use SSL encryption
across all pages.
As a downside, we are currently experiencing a couple of minor issues because
some pages are getting delivered as "mixed content" (which you will notice by
your browser not showing a "padlock" sign, in some cases even an exclamation
mark next to the LUGNET URL) and some scripts are not yet properly included
using https protocol.
While we are working to fix this, we appreciate your feedback in case you find
anything that appears to be broken.
Please send your requests directly to my LUGNET email address which you will
find on this website.

Thanks,
Jerry

Re: Lego Ideas "Moments In Space" Contest Entry - Cosmic Sentinel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2018 16:36:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, “Douglas R. Clark” dclark73@sbcglobal.net wrote:
   Voting has stated today in the Lego Ideas “Moments in Space” contest. The winner may have their design turned into a promotional give-away set.

My entry is the Cosmic Sentinel - a small neo-classic space scouting/fighter ship

Link to Contest Entry

Thanks for looking! If you like the Cosmic Sentinel, please register and vote for it.

drc’

That is a very nice looking ship!

Dave K

Re: Lego Ideas "Moments In Space" Contest Entry - Cosmic Sentinel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 19:20:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, “Douglas R. Clark” dclark73@sbcglobal.net wrote:
   Voting has stated today in the Lego Ideas “Moments in Space” contest. The winner may have their design turned into a promotional give-away set.

My entry is the Cosmic Sentinel - a small neo-classic space scouting/fighter ship

Link to Contest Entry

Thanks for looking! If you like the Cosmic Sentinel, please register and vote for it.

drc

Crud - had wrong link embedded in original post.

Correct Link

Subject:
Lego Ideas "Moments In Space" Contest Entry - Cosmic Sentinel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 19:14:01 GMT

Voting has stated today in the Lego Ideas “Moments in Space” contest. The winner may have their design turned into a promotional give-away set.

My entry is the Cosmic Sentinel - a small neo-classic space scouting/fighter ship

Link to Contest Entry

Thanks for looking! If you like the Cosmic Sentinel, please register and vote for it.

drc

Subject:
Valentines February Dinner!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 14:46:44 GMT

Well, not falling on Valentines Day...

Friday, February 9th
Swiss Chalet
Dundas St Etobicoke
7 p.m.

Barring any 'weather event', we will be there.

Dave K

Subject:
LEGO Technic 8480 Space Shuttle x 3 Build
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2018 16:56:22 GMT

Hello everyone still reading these forums!!!

Anyway, I won’t pull a ‘Dave K-ism’ and go on about basically nothing before I get to my point (which I’m already doing...) and just post this--

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmeBTQ9z

I’ve been thinking about rebuilding my Space Shuttle for a very long time. It is, imho, the best ‘classic’ Technic set that TLC has ever produced, and I was very fortunate to acquire one just by being on LUGNET back in the day...

Specifically about this build--I recently acquired a friends LEGO collection (he is migrating out of the hobby to pursue other interests) and in his collection were the parts to his 8480. So I knew I had enough parts for at least 2.

But I also figured that, with the evolution of my ever expanding collection that I might have enuf parts for 3.

So I decided, without pulling out all the parts before hand, that I’d just give it a go to see if I could build 3 8480 Space Shuttles, and, to make it more interesting, build all 3 at exactly the same time--step by step.

Which is what I did. This proved, at least in my mind, more difficult than if I had built one at a time. But I wasn’t shying away from difficulty, and I rather enjoyed the challenge.

A few items of note--

I only had 2 solid black technic turntables (my original and buddy’s original), so one shuttle has a black/trans clear turntable.

I also found out, quite close to the end, that I didn’t have enough white lift arms for the shuttle bay doors. I had mine, which have yellowed form the first time my shuttle was together. My friend let me know that he has a bag of lift arms for me the next time I see him that contain his white lift arms. I’ve also ordered more from Bricklink to finish the third.

White 1 x 8 axles as well were in short supply so those are on order as well.

I just made it for my amount of white Technic 1x10 beams. I was one short until I ransacked my entire collection of unsorted bins and found one. So that was a relief. Finding this beam probably took up half the time of the build.

The original 9v wires, as we know, are in the process of decay. I found some ‘glossy’ wires in my collection and used them where I could, so at least one of the shuttles has a good wiring setup. The other two will need the 69 stud wires replaced because some of the rubber insulation is completely missing and there’ll be shorts. I have started the process of rewiring my 9v connector wires. That’s a job for another post.

Other than that, this was sheer joy. It’s been a very long time when I just sat down to build something complicated (albeit ‘old school’. I also didn’t even bother to dig up the actual paper instructions and just went on Peeron (btw, Peeron, for the first and original source for these things, has the CLEAREST instructions uploaded--Brickset, et al, all have grainy/pixelly instruction manuals that are difficult to build from)

So the plan is as follows--

I am acquiring the missing white pieces, and will be taking all three shuttles apart. Some of the pieces are very dusty and some are yellowed. I will be going back into my collection and replacing the yellowed parts, making sure I used old grey and old dark grey (I tried during the build to make sure, but think I have a few joiners and such that are the new bley/dkbley) and will rebuild these 3 shuttles. That time (when it happens) will be filmed using the GoPros and I will try to get a good video up. 6 pictures and a messy build desk doesn’t do this justice.

Anyway, hope life finds each of you well in your respective worlds.

Dave K

Re: January Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:50:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "David Koudys" <davidkoudys@gmail.com> wrote:
More cut 'n paste ('cause I'm so very tired from reading the various threads and
postings here on LUGNET--it really made me kinda hungry as well,--can't figure
that out...)

Yes, there will be an non-rtlToronto dinner this Friday at the place that
previously hosted the rtlToronto dinners..

I'll just cut 'n paste from the previous e-mail because I'm lazy today--

I should be there, probably with the missus and our son.

We'll probably stop off at the lego store at sherway first to buy stuff...

And then, probably a little before 7, we'll arrive here--

Swiss Chalet -
Dundas St Etobicoke

Dave K

Well, mother nature had other ideas.  THe +7 degrees this a.m. has turned into
-7 this afternoon and iwth snow and ice... so The Big Smoke will not have the
wonderness of our collective presences this evening.

Sorry everyone.

Dave K

Subject:
January Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:30:22 GMT

More cut 'n paste ('cause I'm so very tired from reading the various threads and
postings here on LUGNET--it really made me kinda hungry as well,--can't figure
that out...)

Yes, there will be an non-rtlToronto dinner this Friday at the place that
previously hosted the rtlToronto dinners..

I'll just cut 'n paste from the previous e-mail because I'm lazy today--

I should be there, probably with the missus and our son.

We'll probably stop off at the lego store at sherway first to buy stuff...

And then, probably a little before 7, we'll arrive here--

Swiss Chalet -
Dundas St Etobicoke

Dave K

Subject:
December Dinner - Bring on the Festivus for the Rest of Us!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2017 14:48:38 GMT

Yes, there will be an non-rtlToronto dinner this Friday at the place that
previously hosted the rtlToronto dinners..

I'll just cut 'n paste from the previous e-mail because I'm lazy today--

I should be there, probably with the missus and our son.

We'll probably stop off at the lego store at sherway first to buy stuff...

And then, probably a little before 7, we'll arrive here--

Swiss Chalet -
Dundas St Etobicoke

Dave K

Skipped 981 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact