  *587379 (-10)
Subject:
November Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2017 15:28:53 GMT

I should be there, probably with the missus and our son.

We'll probably stop off at the lego store at sherway first to buy stuff...

And then, probably a little before 7, we'll arrive here--

Swiss Chalet -
Dundas St Etobicoke

This is not an rtl dinner, it's just a bunch of friends hanging out...

Dave K

Subject:
rtlToronto October (Hallowe'en!!!) Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:45:32 GMT

It'll be verry, verry scary, boys and girls!!!

For I will be there!!! (muahahahahahaaaaaaaaa....)

To make it scarier, there is a rumour that Jeff vW will be there!

I'm also bringing a very small stack of dark bley train track that I'll give to
anyone who wants it just to get it out of my basement.

Some of the bley has powered rails :)

Anyway, I'm having a burger at Swiss Chalet around 7 p.m. tonite, and if others
want to come and talk about stuff such as lego or something...

We don't have to call it an rtlToronto (1) thing, just some friends hanging out
talking about our favourite hobby (well, it's mine--we can talk about if it's
yours :) )

Dave K

1 - because I'm not taking over rtlT.  I wasnt' there at the start, and rtlT
will always be 'the baby' of the C & C (2) show--two people I'll always respect
and admire wrt this chosen hobby of ours...

2 - I was cleaning up my lego room and I came across some train motors that were
DCC enabled and they have a CDP(tm) (3) sticker on them designating stuff that
we thought was important at the time and I had a fond reminiscence of how
wonderful the past times were in rtlT and how utterly fantastic it was just
being around y'all

3 - Calum Designed and Produced (4)

4 - Yeah, there may have been some over production and pendantitry going on over
the course of rtlT back in teh day, but it was all worth it, man!  ALL. OF. IT!
(read the threads here and just let the sheer awesomeness wash over you....(5))

5 - this is NOT saying that there wasn't awesomeness in other parts of
LUGNET--I'm shaking my fist in your general direction over there!  You know who
you are... (6)

6 - Maybe I'll peruse some OT-D just for old timeys (7) sake

7 - it's Dot Commmmmmmmmmmmm......

Re: September meeting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 17:48:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote:
I think we will make a half-hearted attempt to be there tonight just because I
want to make it the lego store.

B Medinets

We made it to the Lego Store and then stopped by Swiss Chalet to see if there
were anyone there.  Alas there was no one that showed up.  :(

So the missus and I went to five guys near by and got patty melts... as in
Grill Cheese with hamburger patties.  Very Good.

The guy at the Lego store swore up and down that the $35 had to be Ninjago
product to get the freebie giveaway.

So I had to make a call after I verified with calendar that it wasn't specific
product.  So we received them after the fact.

No Thanks associate from the Lego Store (sherway).  Thank you to the Lego
Customer Service.

B. Medinets

Subject:
September meeting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2017 19:00:50 GMT

I think we will make a half-hearted attempt to be there tonight just because I
want to make it the lego store.

B Medinets

Subject:
LEGO layout at the Windsor Model Railroad and Hobby Show, Sat. Aug 26
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca.ns
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2017 00:27:24 GMT

I'll be there with a 5' x 8' LEGO town/train layout.

Windsor Model Railroad and Hobby Show
Saturday August 26, 2017
Windsor Community Centre
78 Thomas Street, Windsor NS
9 am - 4 pm

Admission:
Adults $5
Children (Age 5+) $3
Under 5 Years  Free

Gail Meagher

Re: August rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 04:18:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "David Koudys" <davidkoudys@gmail.com> wrote:
Started 3 mins ago

Same bat station, same bat time

I finally made it

See you if you're coming

Dave K

we made it.  Traffic was a bit heavy and also we made a mandatory stop at
the Lego Brand Retail store (Sherway).

Ben

Subject:
August rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2017 23:05:24 GMT

Started 3 mins ago

Same bat station, same bat time

I finally made it

See you if you're coming

Dave K

Re: July rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2017 06:33:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "Chris Magno" <magnochris@gmail.com> wrote:
This Friday July 14th,

Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke - Dundas St.
7pm

we missed you Chris.

:(

Re: July rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2017 16:29:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, "Chris Magno" <magnochris@gmail.com> wrote:
This Friday July 14th,

Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke - Dundas St.
7pm

We will see how it goes this month!

The intent is to be there...

Dave K

Subject:
July rtlToronto Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:19:02 GMT

This Friday July 14th,

Swiss Chalet
Etobicoke - Dundas St.
7pm

Skipped 442 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact