 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 128
Re: Christmas Trolley in Metallic Silver (drool)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:14:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, John Neal wrote:
   Dood! Model railroaders go to great lengths to get that “weathered look!”

The Nerd Herd cars are never smeared with sooty grease that I can recall. Utterly destroyed, on occassion, but otherwise they are clean and pristine.

   When I was with the GMLTC, we did a show that featured an amazing guy who scratch-built these beautiful 8” gauge live steam locos. They were unfreaking believable! He used rollers to show the drivers in action, and instead of using steam, he had a compressor and drove them with air. A much better solution indoors IMO. Of course, the damned compressor made a racket all weekend, but it was worth it!

Did I say functional model steam locomotives? Because I meant the kind that can flatten a penny and race Superman. As in these people.