 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 118
Re: Christmas Trolley in Metallic Silver (drool)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 21:53:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, John Neal wrote:
   Here is a little trolley that I built yesterday to run around the Christmas tree this year:

In-home, floor level use is probably fine, but if you ever run that on a layout you better hope that it doesn’t take a spill, or the silver paint is likely to get uglified. I was never really sure if they were painted or not, but recently I was cleaning some silver-tone parts that I had on cars that were displayed in Owosso, and after a bath in warm soapy water followed by getting scrubbed with a toothbrush, when I went to reassemble the cars I discovered that I’d scrubbed a noticable amount of paint off of the cheese wedges and grille tiles.

Whoa, thanks for the heads up. Our tree is in a carpeted room, and I doubt I’ll ever run the thing except around Christmas time. It’ll probably spend most of its life on display.

Sad to hear about the scratching issues, Dave. I will remember to be less fastidious!

JOHN