 Trains / Train Organizations / TCLTC / 126
Re: Christmas Trolley in Metallic Silver (drool)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 2009 03:51:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, David Laswell wrote:

   Yeah, you say that now... Um, if anyone ever approaches you about doing a layout adjacent to real operational steam engines, tell then NO. The reason I was tearing my stuff apart and washing individual bricks with a toothbrush was because it was the only way I could figure out to get the soot and oil and other gunk off my MOCs.

Dood! Model railroaders go to great lengths to get that “weathered look!”

When I was with the GMLTC, we did a show that featured an amazing guy who scratch-built these beautiful 8” gauge live steam locos. They were unfreaking believable! He used rollers to show the drivers in action, and instead of using steam, he had a compressor and drove them with air. A much better solution indoors IMO. Of course, the damned compressor made a racket all weekend, but it was worth it!

JOHN