 Trains / Train Organizations / 1992
Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 12:05:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Rick Clark writes:
[1] Looking down from the top, my decoupler looks like this:

oooooooooo
oooooooooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooooooooooooo

The two prongs are 1x16 bricks, sandwiched between two 6x10 plates.
Insert the uncoupler so that the two prongs are touching the two rails. Then
gently twist. Instant uncoupling!

I think you may have answered my decoupling dilemma. It might have to be
modified for 12v track (because of the conductors between the rails). This
is much more elegant than what I was imagining: one hand on each car and
pulling them apart. I can see pulling too hard and then crashing into
adjacent cars.

I do like the idea of a constant throttle speed and using a toggle switch to
control direction. I suggest a momentary contact switch. That way there are
only 2 positions: press one way for foward, let go to stop, press the
opposite way for reverse.

Mark