 Trains / Train Organizations / 1985
Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:24:01 GMT

Good idea about not publishing the rules ahead of time.  The specific rules
will not be revealed until "game time" to add to the challenge.  Also, there
might be an element of chance involved.

I was thinking of color coding the cars, but they could be color coded and
numbered, I guess.

<snip>
I would strongly favor counting moves as uncoupling really could take a fair
bit of variable time. I also would not penalise someone for accidentally
recoupling right after uncoupling, it is SO easy with these speed regs to go
in the wrong direction.

Perhaps something where the puzzle participant calls out moves and someone
else executes them so there is no chance of "oops I didn't mean to do that".

Are you going to announce the puzzle in advance? That may not be a good idea
because I think there are programs out there that can solve these for you
and produce a list of moves.
<snip>