 Trains / Train Organizations / 1204
Re: I<whatever>LTC summary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:13:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, John Gerlach writes:

That was one of the topics we talked and dreamed about at the 'summit' in
New York - how "awesome" it would be to have a show where two or three (or
more!) different LTCs could display.  (Either separately or as one huge
combined layout.)  Can you imagine the response from the 'traditional' model
railroaders?  <grin>

Right.

And to make it work, it's not required that every group conform to some
rigid standard (ala N-trak), although that gives you the most flexibility.

*all* that is required is that a few modules from each layout can somehow
interface, not that *all* of them can. That may mean doing special
"transition" modules but that, I suspect, would be OK.

Maybe a new thread on modules? I'm interested in leg heights as that is
likely (for plywooders that haven't gone down the brick terrain path, or at
least not fully, we are seeing more and more partial brick terrain layouts)
to be a big problem area.

The track geometry is easy to fix, it's LEGO after all, one can build
whatever is needed. If legheights (well, really, table top heights for
plywooders) are way off, that's trouble.

++Lar