 Trains / Train Organizations / 1202
Re: I<whatever>LTC summary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:07:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:

(I'd like to see module standards thrashed out again, there has been some
deviation from the last time which is fine, the situation changed)

Module standards are a good thing (ala NTrack) but I think it will take a lot
of work.  I doubt many, if any groups can afford to do GMLTC modules so that
is tough but maybe we could design some sort of "transition" module to go
between a GMLTC module and say a PNLTC module.  I think the NELUG tables and
the WAMALTC tables have the same surface dimensions but I think our leg length
might be different.

Of course this only matters when we have 2 or more groups displaying together
but it would be nice to know if 2 groups modules would work together.

Eric Kingsley
That was one of the topics we talked and dreamed about at the 'summit' in
New York - how "awesome" it would be to have a show where two or three (or
more!) different LTCs could display.  (Either separately or as one huge
combined layout.)  Can you imagine the response from the 'traditional' model
railroaders?  <grin>

JohnG, GMLTC