 Trains / Train Organizations / 1199
Re: I<whatever>LTC summary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 22:00:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Here's a summary as I see it so far

Larry,

Thanks for the summary this is basically just as I see it at the moment.

<snip summary>

Accurate summary?

Yes.

(Erik K raised a good point, the NELUG storefront displays of Starwars and
Castle were not Trains... but that's sort of a so what until some group that
has done that but hasn't also done a train show asks to belong)

Good point.  Trains are definitly the most likely thing to be displayed at the
moment so it is probably not going to be a common occurance that a group
displays LEGO Themes without also displaying Trains.  Just wait and see.

What are the next steps?

I would say get the mailing list up and going (IOLTC is good with me).  Until
then we can hash out other items for discussion here.

Organizational goals not yet listed?

(I'd like to see module standards thrashed out again, there has been some
deviation from the last time which is fine, the situation changed)

Module standards are a good thing (ala NTrack) but I think it will take a lot
of work.  I doubt many, if any groups can afford to do GMLTC modules so that is
tough but maybe we could design some sort of "transition" module to go between
a GMLTC module and say a PNLTC module.  I think the NELUG tables and the
WAMALTC tables have the same surface dimensions but I think our leg length
might be different.

Of course this only matters when we have 2 or more groups displaying together
but it would be nice to know if 2 groups modules would work together.

Eric Kingsley