 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 681 – 700 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: This is odd...

In all fairness. the LEGO® train motor does not have that much inherent tractive effort to begin with...hence the addition of rubber traction tires on the wheels. The train motor was designed to pull only their assigned train cars within a set (i.e. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.393)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) trouble: (...) wheel (...) That is more accurate description. But that is the point: the wheel touches the frame. Of course any rotor should only be in touch with the none-rotating system via its bearings. (...) cross-tracks: (...) this only 2 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

9v, trains
(score: 2.392)

  Re: RC 'engine' availability?

(...) Hi Wayne, If I understand correctly, you are asking whether you will be able to buy the R/C train electronic components separately from a train set? For the current IR train platform, I think the answer is no. LEGO issued a communication a (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.390)

  Promoting our hobby (through greater online presence)

We all know how our trains are scene stealers at shows such as GATS and all. Important as it is in spreading the news of our great hobby, we must also reach out to our model railroad friends online as well. I have taken my mediocre site and joined a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.388)

  AdeLUG's #5 - Write up

Here is the write up for the Adelaide LEGO Users Group meeting #5 It can also be found at the AdeLUG's website: (URL) - AdeLUG's #5, Sunday 10 November 2002 THEME - Moonbase Project VENUE - Holdfast Bay Community Centre, Hove (about 20mins (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.castle, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.388)

  reverse loops & block control

Hi all, I'm currently working on making a train layout again since a very long time. (From the preliminary sketches it's already been decided I'm going to clear out my attic to make room ;) ) I am aiming for something a bit more interesting than (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.380)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

lots of snipage here: (...) I think so too, Thomas starters run from $25 (basic circle w/1 engine no cars) its $40 (basic figure 8 w/1 engine 2 cars) they go way up from there (...) yep (...) I think some options here would be good... 9v train motor (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

9v, trains
(score: 2.376)

  Re: Any interest in high amp. Train controllers?

(...) [snip] Hah, and here was me using a 12V Lego train transformer to run my 9V trains ;-) Using a suitable adapter wire of course. But that was 220V, so I left it in the UK. I'm not sure of the rating of those transformers, but I think it was a (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.373)

  Re: New Poll

(...) This reminds me of the legend of the current standard gauge, - that it was passed down from Roman times because that's what their chariot wheel widths were. Well, in the case of Lego where did our gauge come from? Where did 9V gauge come from? (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.371)

  Re: New Poll // Train History

(...) I think you might be right Ben, we have been collecting Lego trains since 1972 and even bought a few used sets at that time. My trains have always had train wheels, initially with four studs (as you say) and later spoked. Some of the Lego (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.370)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) with respect to the end wheels. Also, the ball-and-socket elements are "swapped". I'm certainly not sure if this different geometry behaves any better when being pulled or pushed. My 3-car set of this design is now deconstructed. Any chance (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.370)

  Re: 12V lego train device electronics FAQ?

(...) devices (...) 12V (...) Know about what exactely? A picture about the inside of the 12V remote control point-motor is to be found here: (URL) is used in the automated level crossing and the decoupling station. The switches are only switches, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.369)

  Re: Progress with DCC and PC

(...) Hi Rob Take a look at Tom's Lego Stop at (URL) are a number of good sites including a couple related specifically to Lego and DCC. Just do a Google search for 'Lego trains DCC' should point you to what's out there. I probably should not repeat (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.368)

  Need to borrow stuff for Train History Session at BricksWest

I've got most of the stuff I will need for the train history session, but there's a few items I'd like to borrow if possible. I will be focusing mostly on the evolution of the parts and such rather than sets, though I will have some representative (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.365)

  Dash-9 Diesel Engine

Train fans, Just completed construction on my new C44-9W (Dash-9) Diesel Engine. This six wide MOC of a BNSF Engine was inspired by the February issue of Trains Magazine with it story titled Blank Bullets. The Blank Bullets story features many great (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains) !!

9v, trains
(score: 2.365)

  Re: New Pics: Buildings!Buildings!Buildings! Exotic Colors:-)

(...) Thank you for your kind words, Allan. (...) These elements, as well as the other smaller half-rounds are my favorite elements:-) (...) Yes. I call them "backdrop buildings", and they all are only 10 studs deep. I utilize them along the back of (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

save, trains
(score: 2.352)

  Re: questions about swapping rubber bands

(...) Hi Cary, that sounds not to good... :-( (...) I always swapped all 4 rubber bands (at maybe 33% of all my motors - especially those that have not too much ballast but shall pull longer trains). (...) Only on 9V nowadays. In the past a few (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.347)

  Re: Lifetime of incandescent 9v LEGO lights?

Todd, I only recently discovered the 9V "Light & Sound" system and have been thinking about that question myself. I've been acquiring used 9V lights recently and some bulbs do seem dimmer than others. But I don't know what the life expectancy is. It (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.345)

  Re: What's the difference between 139 and 139A

See here (URL) this has been discussed before (URL) <pjanssen@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:HE9w8n.zE@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.344)

  Re: First Third Party product for the LEGO(r) Trains market?

I've used a Centerline track cleaner for years with my N-Gauge trains. Their products are well designed and well made. And the people that own the company are a delight to deal with and always ready to strike a conversation at shows. But I have to (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.338)

More:  Next Page >>