 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 461 – 480 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Why don't Lego trains sell (was Re: Walmart revisited)

Model trains, in general, seem to be in decline, at least in the US. Of course, there is a group of hard-core enthusiasts that really love them, but the general populous seems more interested in other toys. My father always comments that model (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.603)

  Re: Fabuville 55 - 9v

(...) I found them delightful! Very colorful, very choo-choo:-) You really have out-Duplo-ed the Duplo trains! Thanks for posting, and welcome to trainstrainstrains:^D -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fabuland)

9v, trains
(score: 2.603)

  Why don't Lego trains sell (was Re: Walmart revisited)

(...) Doesn't seem like the Railway Expresses are selling too well. Is this why TLC doesn't get into trains more? I am constantly surprised by the number of people who don't know that TLC makes trains. Has anyone ever seen a commercial advertising (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.602)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) It's not exactly the tone. I guess it's just that no-one else can really follow an answer along the lines of 'I know, but I can't tell'. (...) Well, thanks Larry. I've always had model trains, just not LEGO ones because they're too expensive. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

save, trains
(score: 2.602)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) This would be a great way to break in, and an even more affordable price point. As to the income thing...That's what I meant by saying "barely" - 60 bucks is a lot of money to a kid, but can be done; a $5 a week allowance is not uncommon, I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

save, trains
(score: 2.602)

  Re: Whither LEGO Steam Trains? (was Re: QT Movie of 4565)

(...) I suspect that an unpowered train wouldn't exist to serve the 'system OK, power bad' market segment, but rather the 'train set under $120 (US)'. If LEGO were able to release a complete train set (more than 1 car, and track oval) for (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

save, trains
(score: 2.602)

  Re: New numbers - 45XX out?

(...) numbers. Yes indeed. This could be understood as hint that the 9V train line (as it is now) will not be continued. So far there have been three goods trains with numbers: 4563 4564 4565 but 4566 is now blocked by a new none-train-set. Kind (...) (24 years ago, 23-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.602)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) John, I think you got those backwards. If I remember correctly, Steven H. (Vice President in charge of LEGO Shop at Home) described the difference between a 'consumer' and a 'customer'. He described the 'customer' as having a "relationship" (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

save, trains
(score: 2.601)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Gee, I hope LEGO carries on with their line of trains. I'm just glad I'm back in! -Harvey (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.600)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) In one way this is good news. A new transformer means that trains will continue in one form or another. My guess is that the 'new' transformer will include some expansion port like the grey 12V transformer. This matches with other rumours I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.600)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) I _don't think_ it will die. There is some very favorable evidence (stand up you six apostles of Lego trains...) that we may get some of what you mocked up. (at least, I am hoping) As well, now that S@H has instituted delivery in Germany, it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.599)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

(...) Man, you guys at the GMLTC must know someone. I remember when I was all excited about the DUPLO trains being a good sign and in would jump Mr. Neigh-Saying 8-Wide to spread doom and gloom, but even he changed his tune a week or two ago (sorry (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.599)

  Re: End of 9V train line?!

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:G5AGqn.IpD@lugnet.com... (...) If TLC can create a language for children powerful enough to control Technic robots, I'm confident they can also make a similar type for trains. Also if (...) (24 years ago, 9-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.599)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) My final verdict? 1.Continue current 9V line with optional DCC upgrade (decoders in the power trucks). 2.Offer couplers similar to Aristo-Craft G-scale trains(spring-loaded knuckle couplers)with option of continuing with current magnetic (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.598)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

(...) *will* license with Kadee® to produce trucks and couplers which will fit O scale track. After that, you are on your own, and we will release 10 new locos/cars a year." (...) Ick. Worst possible solution, because it renders 30 years of Lego (...) (24 years ago, 10-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.597)

  Re: Hypothetically Speaking...

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, SRC (<G5FCJJ.J68@lugnet.com>) wrote at 22:16:31 (...) So true. All we are talking about here is a difference in the loading gauge. The only incompatibility is trackside clearances. Model Trains would make an excellent *addition* (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.596)

  Re: Need some help with some Train specs

(...) Thats what I told the folks at the Greenberg show last weekend. Many of them ran off with a piece of track to measure it but I never asked what they came up with. Just say its "LEGO" gauge because Minifigs aren't to scale with "us" anyway (...) (24 years ago, 8-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.596)

  RE: Track Question

Michael You are correct for 9v. the voltage is applied to whichever direction the switch is selected to. My son Martin found out the hard way when he changed one switch, it applied the voltage, and plowed my 4565 into my newly traded MetroLiner! You (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.596)

  Track Question

When you create a siding using two switches does the track not in use become isolated ? this does not work for 12v but I think it does for 9v because the direction of the switch determines which line carries the current. What I want is to have two (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.595)

  Re: Lego Cog Train

Thanks for the link.. good to see something other than whats in my thoughts. The version I am working on however has both the 9V as pictured on his train, and it also has the 9V that comes with Lego trains and conducts from the tracks via the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.591)

More:  Next Page >>