 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 2061 – 2080 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Kind of a streamliner

Hello, I would like to show my second engine, which I have designed. It was aimed to look a little bit oldfashioned. (URL) It does not follow any real model, since (to be honest) I do not have any idea about trains, except the fact, that they are (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

trains
(score: 0.545)

  Re: New RC Trains Are Posted on LEGO.COM

(...) Okay wait... the description says "Remote control requires 9 AA (1.5v) batteries, not included." AND the train takes?? 6??? That must be a typo (could it be 3 for the remote, and 6 for the train???) Is it just me, or does 15 AA batteries sound (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.545)

  Re: New RC Trains Are Posted on LEGO.COM

(...) how all plastic track could be more expensive than plastic + metal track. The bad thing here is that you can't buy straight track by itself! Users often end up with too much curved track... -Bryan (18 years ago, 29-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.545)

  Re: Kind of a streamliner

Hi! (...) Thank you, that is enough reputation as I am concerned :-) Andreas (Uuups, I should not post something like this in the trains-group) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.545)

  Re: Kind of a streamliner

(...) Hi Andreas, This is beautiful. It is so retro-futuristic. I'm imagining that it is a fuel-cell powered passenger engine from the near future. I love your earlier train and this one is ever better. You're really tempting me back to the world of (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.545)

  Re: New RC Trains Are Posted on LEGO.COM

(...) I think you're reading too much into what's probably a translation from the original. It says 'remote control', not 'controller' anyway. 6 for the train, yes. I didn't see inside the remote of David's preview one, but 3 AAs giving you 4.5V (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.545)

  Re: New RC Trains Are Posted on LEGO.COM

(...) I think that's unlikely. More likely they'll just put the new parts on LEGO Factory so you can assemble your own track packs. Clearly, they still can't count how many curves it takes to rectify a point though. Jason R (18 years ago, 30-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.545)

  Re: Isolating rails

(...) Yup, I used this method for the 12 to 9V signal conversion. You can read more about it on my webpage: (URL) have also been thinking about isolating two stretches to use different powersupplies in one layout. I'm a little puzzled how to do it, (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.544)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Dear Paul, 7-wide trains are not really uncommon. Lately the focus here in Lugnet may have been on 6-wides again (due to the factory sets), but 7-wides are just the perfect compromise between detailing and reliable operational behaviour. (And (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.544)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) In my personal experience, most 7-wide trains run well on layouts with standard curves. IMO 7-wide is in a nice sweet spot between 6-wide practicality and the extra detail of 8-wides. On the subject of scale, 7-wides also blend in reasonably (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.544)

  New Zealand "X" class loco

Well it isn't Australian, but we always seem to commandeer all the good stuff from NZ and call it ours. Widely believed to be the first 4-8-2s ever built, these were built for use on the north island of New Zealand in the early 1900s. (URL) Enjoy! (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

trains
(score: 0.544)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) <snip> I was directly inspired by this thread to make my own-- (URL) had thought about doing this a long time ago but never really bothered until I saw that someone else had done it. I mentioned to the rtlToronto'ers that if they want similar (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 0.544)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Another side topic I have not noticed to be mentioned here in Lugnet is the following: (URL) These new wheels (as shown by Heiner Berg from his 7898 set) have no bore hole reaching through the wheel, but they have a plastic tip which will be (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.544)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote: Spencer, Great models all around. Thanks for sharing them. [...] (...) [...] (...) I chuckled when I read this comment because the other night I was running my trains and I trough a switch by accident while a boxcar was (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.544)

  Damsel: "I'm in distress? What distress?"

Hello all, I've build a vignette which I'm able to wear as a badge during events. It combines two of the three themes that kind of signify me within the LEGO community: trains and the Clikits trademark girls. (URL) Attached at the back is a black (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.clikits, lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.544)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

--SNIP-- (...) I think there's more to worry about than the weight. I've not been able to figure out any decent way of getting a seven wide shell over the six wide baseplate that IR requires. I've tried covering it with snotted panels, tiles and (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.544)

  7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

Here's my custom 7-wide intermodal train based on the popular Lego sets 10133 & 10170, as well as a crane. 7-Wide EMD GP38: I built two of these locomotives. I find that building in seven-wide is a fun and interesting experience! (URL) Brickshelf (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jun-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

trains
(score: 0.544)

  Re: newbie /w questions...

(...) Welcome to Lego Trains, remember not to go too fast as they fall off the tracks (just like real trains). I can't say i ever remember my 12V trains ever having this problem though. (...) A good source of information is Matthew Bates Lego Trains (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.543)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

"Cary Clark" <cclark2@nScP.rArM.com> wrote in message news:HxwtDp.uw0@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) in a (...) exactly (...) better (...) program, then (...) in it's current Alpha state is a better track layout tool than TrackDesigner is. But that (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

9v
(score: 0.543)

  Re: Latest track features and layout module developments

(...) Yes, it's 8mm:1ft scale. There aren't many people building to that scale with LEGO though, as 6-wide trains remain popular and require fewer bricks, with 8-wide attracting a reasonable following. My trains end up 8+ wide for British (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.543)

More:  Next Page >>