 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 1161 – 1180 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Silly train voltage question...

(...) Yes, it is pretty easy to build a small housing from standard bricks/plates (and maybe a tile) that firmly holds the contact prongs of a 4.5/12V wire against the leads of a 9V conducting plate. Steve (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.510)

  Re: LEGO box

Z <leahy@concentric.net> wrote in message news:FoHy7y.Ivz@lugnet.com... (...) odd (...) like (...) pieces (...) are (...) I use my bricks for building, and I never put any set aside from the other pile of bricks and I only use 3-4 of the bigger (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 1.510)

  Re: LEGO box

Ron Atkinson wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Having the box will generally make it easier to sell a set later, and you will generally get more for it. I keep all the boxes for sets which I don't break down for parts to be sold. I flatten all (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.storage, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 1.510)

  Re: anyone convert 7862 decoupler to 9V?

(...) If you are willing to trade old for new, I suspect that there are a few of us who would do so... (I would) (...) is (...) Perhaps shorten the rail when you attach the 9V rail... (a large file, and 1mm is gone fast in ABS...) (...) only (...) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.507)

  anyone convert 7862 decoupler to 9V?

Hi, I was playing around with a recently acquired 7862 12V remote controlled decoupler, and was wondering if I could see how other people have fared with this set. The obvious negative, is that it needs the old fashioned magnets (5066)with the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.507)

  Re: New question/challenge...

I have never seen/recognized a 9V piece for that purpose. But you can use the middle wheels from the 12V motor and fit them into the holes on the side of the 9V motor. I suspect that TLG put the holes there to eventually offer spare wheels, but (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.506)

  Re: anyone convert 7862 decoupler to 9V?

(...) I will trade new (which I have) for old... Contact me if interested. I'd even go 3 for 2 as I have extra magnets, or add cash. (...) GMLTC has cut all the central ties away from a straight and with it mounted to baseplates it is fine. Not that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.506)

  My take on "Remote Control Switch Design"

Hello All, I've posted a web page devoted to my motorized switch/point design. I've laden it heavily with photos and closeups, but I'm not holding anybody's hand at this point - mostly theory instead of how-to. Hopefully, you'll get some insights (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.506)

  Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)

(...) Perhaps in P:48 :) There is no functional difference between 2mm(Fine Scale, UK), S4 (note, not P4, which has manufacturing tolerances, but S4 does not),P:87, P:48, ScaleSeven. None, except the actual size of each model, and the fiddlyness of (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 1.506)

  Re: Blue Hopper Car stickers

Simom, As far a I can tell all first (1990/1991) 9V Train set had the same assortment of stickers and the white trapezoidal stickers were for the Locomotive in the 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad. Good thing because when I got my 4563 in back 1991, they (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.503)

  Re: Model of MATRA VAL System

(...) Ya, save for the driver on the RT. I've been in the cab in fact, the day that the SRT opened. I have the first _fare paid_ transfer that was issued (at, IIRC 5.57 on the morning that the RT opened. I got to blow the horn, which is all the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 1.503)

  Re: New: Amtrak EMD type F 7 attempt

Hey! Nice try. I think at first glance it really captures the spirit of a covered wagon. A few nits/feedback items: Working from the Marklin model may not be the best way to go. The F is a heavily photographed engine and there are thousands of (...) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.502)

  Re: Train Stoppers

(...) My main use for the buffer stop is to save my RCX Train from smashing someplace unpleasant. This is the same for DCC. If my RCX Train should miss a track command and smash into a sidding I want it protected. Here is the latest incarnation of (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

save
(score: 1.502)

  Re: Home layouts

Paul, While I don't have a permanent layout, I've got a mobile one that goes on the floor at any time. You're probably referring to people that have permanent layouts and tracks in position, so I guess I'm not one of them, but I can access my train (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.502)

  What type of metail are LEGO 9V tracks made of?

I was just reading some model railroad information that discussed the various metals used to create track. Does anyone know what LEGO track is made of? -- Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.501)

  Re: Busy-Bee has 6347 Monorail Accessory Track!

(...) One thing you could get, I don't know what else you might need, but Mario Ferrari posted me a list of old service packs available from LEGO in Italy. One of them is 5040 Monorail 9v Motor for Space Track. (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.501)

  Re: What type of metail are LEGO 9V tracks made of?

(...) Whatever it is Lego got it right. It is the most trouble free rail I have ever worked with in model railroading. High chrome/nickel steel is my guess. - Jim -- (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.501)

  Re: "cat whisker" trip switch

(...) ower Steve, Steve, I poked around on the Web a little regarding model railroad sensors. Infrared sensors are generally placed between the rails facing up. They emit a constant infrared beam which is reflected back to the sensor when a train (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.501)

  Re: What type of metail are LEGO 9V tracks made of?

(...) ever (...) Neither do I what they are made off. What i know is that you can easily solder on those rails, something that was impossible with the 12V rails !! Ludo (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.501)

  Why Did Lego Switch to 9V?

Ok Peoples, This is one question that i've never really seen addressed anywhere. We all know lego swtiched from 12V to 9V in the early 90's..but why? If using the rails to conduct energy is the reason, they could've stuck to using 12V on rails. Was (...) (25 years ago, 13-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.499)

More:  Next Page >>