 Trains / 9872
  bruised ego

Hi all. One of the reasons we all post pics on the web is cause we're all proud ABS parents, but another is to critique and spur on new ideas... I've noticed about 400 hits on our site in the last few days so someone's looking at the GATS show... (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) Well of course its great stuff, allways is. I did mean to comment on the Americana section. While it is very impressive, that is not a Main Street I would want to drive down. Between the traffic, lack of parking, and the "Bigger is better in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

Steve: (...) Have you considered to put the full-size images on pages with "previous" and "next" links, so lazy surfers like me don't have to hit Alt-Left all the time? Generally it looks good (as always), but I was a bit disappointed by the "farm" (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

Eric: (...) They are not too common until one gets to Copenhagen. (...) I think you have a point. It certainly takes more (or at least innovation) to impress now that we have seen images of big displays several times. Play well, Jacob -- (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) (The best builders don't usually need egoboo from others because they know they're good :-) ) Part of it is also that NALUG came out about the same time and theirs, given how little relative experience they had, is very impressive indeed. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Shows Commonplace? (was: Re: bruised ego)

(...) I think you are right to some degree, Eric. We have gotten acclimated to the train show phenomenon, although the occasional world record event type thing still jolts the senses:-) Imagine the GMLTC's frustration, because we choose to show the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) Guilty as charged (looking & not commenting)... I was very impressed with the Americana section; especially the skyscrapers in the background. That's a good way to add perspective & make the layout feel bigger than it actually is. The Rock (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

Eric, while I wasn't a direct attendee, I did watch the show closely. I think the chainstore barrage was both an intended editorial comment and a playful jab at other clubmembers who really dislike the chainstore thing displacing old Mainstreet USA (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

Er, Dan, You don't use that slogan when you present at the schools, do you? Maybe that's why they haven't been calling back... ;-) Rick C. In lugnet.trains, Dan Parker writes: <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) been super busy, and I haven't gotten through all the pictures of the various shows. I also tend to feel dumb if I don't have something to say other than "wow". Chris PS I'll comment about the show when I get done with looking at everything. (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) If you get far enough away, depth of field shouldn't be too much of a problem. The problem with getting overview shots is getting far enough away to get a good shot. It's also hard to up very high (which would help an overview shot, an (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

(...) Ok, some comments... I love the town scene with the AT-AT walker causing a ruckus, and the giant Dalmatian in the fire house. I can also see the reason to get one of the normal colored clocks, that clock tower looks nice. Of course I liked (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bruised ego

[ROTFL after blowing Coke and Kettle Korn on my monitor] Sorry, I hope it was taken as posted --lightly. Seriously, one of the neat things is to get together, thump our chests with MOCs, and watch our little contraptions run around on metal rails. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)