 Trains / 9879
Re: bruised ego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:38:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
Hi all. One of the reasons we all post pics on the web is cause we're all
proud ABS parents, but another is to critique and spur on new ideas... I've
noticed about 400 hits on our site in the last few days so someone's looking
at the GATS show... any comments?

Guilty as charged (looking & not commenting)...  I was very impressed with
the Americana section; especially the skyscrapers in the background.  That's
a good way to add perspective & make the layout feel bigger than it actually
is.  The Rock also blew me away. mostly in the 'making rock stuff &
buildings side by side look good' catagory - I know how tricky that can be
from doing castle stuff.

How well did having bricksculpting and 'flat on tables' styles side by side
work?  I'd like to do more of the solid-brick look in future NALUG stuff,
but I'm uncertain how it looks mixed together.

One thing that I noticed was lacking from your pics (and, come to think of
it, from many shows of many clubs) is good overview shots.  Most of the
shots I see are closeups/detail shots.

hmm... I wonder if that's because most people these days are using digital
cameras?  Most digicams are really bad at long fields of focus.  I know
that's why I'm not taking good long shots. :/

James