 Trains / 8705
8704  |  8706
Subject:
New Track radius question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 05:16:04 GMT

I just measured and the radius of LEGO track and it's 20 studs (to the
center of the tie). The question is what should the wider track radius be.
Add 8 studs and the ties are touching end-to-end, not a great solution, way
to close. There needs to be room so the longest of train cars pass in
opposite directions and not hit corners (obviously).

Questions:
1) How far a part should the tracks be around a curve?
2) What is the criteria for your answer?
   - length of car
   - width of car (pls, no beating the 8 wide horse to death in this thread)
   - how far in are the trucks set back

SteveB