 Trains / 8739
Re: New Track radius question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:30:31 GMT

Questions:
1) How far a part should the tracks be around a curve?

I think the radius of a larger curve should be 56 studs, i.e. 16 larger than
the current radius of 40 (not 20). This would put parallel tracks 16 studs
apart just like they are with the current points. I haven't thought about
clearance but I'm sure this would be more than sufficient. I think any other
geometry would be messy. For example 56 equals 7 straights so an S curve can
be made just like 5 straights equal an S curve made with the current curves. See

http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/geometry.htm

Why are you asking? Are you proposing new track designs to Lego? If so how
about some new points as well like...

http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/newpoint.htm

Matt