 Trains / 7529
  Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

Well waiting for our baby which is now 3 days late I started brainstorming about a new car design to go along with my boxcars. I decided to try a Gondola and threw together this prototype last night. (URL) is far from finished but before I continue (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) Hey, looks great Eric, except for the *&%# buffers (my favorite pet peeve- buffers on US cars) That is, unless you are *trying* to model eurotrash.... BTW, enjoy the last few minutes of life as you know it-- it will be forever changed as soon (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) I knew I would hear from you on the buffers. I do have a couple of bufferless cars although it just isn't cost effective for me at the moment to convert them all. (...) Well its going to be a Boy (Zachary) and everyone is getting antsy. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) much (...) them (...) trucks shorter (by a brick). (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) Ah, the "Zach attack" You won't know what hit you;-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) lol Harvey- My one other suggestion to Eric would have been to *increase* the distance between the wheels by 1. It is my estimation that, given the size of the wheels, the correct distance between them should be closest to 2 studs for rolling (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) Gondola (...) the inside of the Gondola? I have an idea how you might have constructed the Gondola; just wondering if you've built it the way I'm envisioning it. <snip incomplete model and req. for comments> later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) Well it is 1x4 tile intensive. Obviously the tiles are all attached to a plate base which is attached to the car using Technic Beams and 1/2 pegs. The stud end of the peg goes into the lowest row of holes in the plates. The ends are done the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) Zack the LEGO maniac, eh? <GD&R> --Bram Bram Lambrecht BXL34@po.cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) /members/kingsley/ Nice bit of work. Odd re-definition of smooth-side AND rib-side for a gondola type! Ha! :) Regarding the underside, I think it needs a little something. Some underpinnings of some kind. Nothing enormous, maybe just a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) Gondola (...) Excellent work,Eric! Now you just have to add 2 studs in width.... ;-)) (and need at least 4 more tiles...) Ciao Gianluca (the 8wide guy...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) Yup the Underside is just something I hadn't gotten to yet. I will beef it up when I get a chance to go back and work on it some more. (Actually it's hard to tell because of the camera angle but the other end and side arn't done yet either :-) (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) The train base plates will let you hide the tops of the wheelsets. Just my two cents, Chris P.S. I should mention that the gondola looks very cool. (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

<snip> (...) Thanks if he would only come... (...) Well yes *but* all the ones I have are red which doesn't look good with blue (or brown which I am trying to do this in). They also doesn't jive with the length of my cars. (...) Yes but so far I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions

(...) works pretty well, if he is in a good mood or if he is very sleepy. Chris (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)