 Trains / 7537
Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:19:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well waiting for our baby which is now 3 days late I started brainstorming
about a new car design to go along with my boxcars.  I decided to try a • Gondola
and threw together this prototype last night.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/train/images/gondola.JPG

This Gondola is smoothly cool!  1x4 tile intensive!  What does it look like on
the inside of the Gondola?  I have an idea how you might have constructed the
Gondola; just wondering if you've built it the way I'm envisioning it.

Well it is 1x4 tile intensive.  Obviously the tiles are all attached to a plate
base which is attached to the car using Technic Beams and 1/2 pegs.  The stud
end of the peg goes into the lowest row of holes in the plates.  The ends are
done the same way.

Pretty basic really and while the Technic beams look odd when looking into the
empty Gondola with a load (or on my Shelf Railway) you would never notice.

Now I need to get another Sith Infiltrator (or two) from TRU to get the rest of
the Blue Tiles I need.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/