 Trains / 7532
Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:43:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Eric Kingsley wrote:

Well waiting for our baby which is now 3 days late I started brainstorming
about a new car design to go along with my boxcars.  I decided to try a
Gondola and threw together this prototype last night.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/train/images/gondola.JPG

It is far from finished but before I continue and try to get the parts
needed to finish the car I thought I would ask to see what others thought
about the car.  I think it gets the point across but I don't know about much
more than that.

Anyway I just wanted to get a few thoughts.

Hey, looks great Eric, except for the *&%# buffers (my favorite pet peeve-
buffers on US cars)  That is, unless you are *trying* to model eurotrash....

I knew I would hear from you on the buffers.  I do have a couple of bufferless
cars although it just isn't cost effective for me at the moment to convert them
all.

BTW, enjoy the last few minutes of life as you know it-- it will be forever
changed as soon as Eric Jr (or Erica) arrives:-)

Well its going to be a Boy (Zachary) and everyone is getting antsy.  Although
in the last 24 hours or so I have calmed down and am trying to have fun with
the time I have left.  Hence the Gondola.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/