 Trains / 7533
Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:05:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Eric Kingsley wrote:

Well waiting for our baby which is now 3 days late I started brainstorming
about a new car design to go along with my boxcars.  I decided to try a
Gondola and threw together this prototype last night.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/train/images/gondola.JPG

It is far from finished but before I continue and try to get the parts
needed to finish the car I thought I would ask to see what others thought
about the car.  I think it gets the point across but I don't know about • much
more than that.

Anyway I just wanted to get a few thoughts.

Hey, looks great Eric, except for the *&%# buffers (my favorite pet peeve-
buffers on US cars)  That is, unless you are *trying* to model eurotrash....

I knew I would hear from you on the buffers.  I do have a couple of bufferless
cars although it just isn't cost effective for me at the moment to convert • them
all.

BTW, enjoy the last few minutes of life as you know it-- it will be forever
changed as soon as Eric Jr (or Erica) arrives:-)

Well its going to be a Boy (Zachary) and everyone is getting antsy.  Although
in the last 24 hours or so I have calmed down and am trying to have fun with
the time I have left.  Hence the Gondola.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/

I like the blue body with the side braces, looks good though I would make the
trucks shorter (by a brick).