 Trains / 7540
Re: Gondola Prototype. Looking for opinions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:30:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley writes:
I decided to try a Gondola
and threw together this prototype last night.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/train/images/gondola.JPG

/members/kingsley/

Nice bit of work. Odd re-definition of smooth-side AND rib-side for a gondola
type! Ha! :)
Regarding the underside, I think it needs a little something. Some
underpinnings of some kind. Nothing enormous, maybe just a suggestion of a
thicker spine underneath, or just a few greeblies hanging down to represent the
airbrake system. As is, it looks like it's riding just a bit high - mostly an
illusion and really just a pet nit of mine, but even just a little something
can make a huge difference.
Hey.. you asked.. :)
Regarding the trucks, MY two cents says you should replace the spacer between
the wheelsets with something black, otherwise leave 'em the length they are.
Why, you ask? I think they look just about right for the width/length of the
car. Even if it is too narrow. (GD&R)

Kevin.