 Trains / 5202
Re: Legomodular standards?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 23:27:04 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:
Tom Stangl wrote:

How will you handle engines/trains with multiple motors as they cross the
transition from one trackset to the other?

The thing that I keep wondering about is when the motor is over the break • point. For
a brief time BOTH motor pickups are on two different circuits...

Yes. You are correct, Sir!

And, briefly, that means that the two outputs are tied together. The more
difference in voltage values, theoretically the more strain is placed on the
power supplies. However, actually, these supplies are rugged and the time is
brief. Therefore it should work.

If something fails, it will be the supply, not the motor. Most of us have more
supplies than we need. I know I do anyway.

++Lar