 Trains / 5171
Re: Legomodular standards?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 00:13:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Tom Stangl writes:
How will you handle engines/trains with multiple motors as they cross the
transition from one trackset to the other?

As long as the 2 controllers are set to the same 'notch', you will not have any
real problem.  The motor will get 2x voltage for the period of time that it
takes with one set of wheels on one power supply, and the other from the other
(not all that long really).  The 2nd motor will drop off in speed, and then
pick up again as the other one is fully on the 2nd joint, and it will repeat
with the 2nd motor.

(in other words, there is no problem with the transition)

James P