 Trains / 3137
Re: broken motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:09:26 GMT

Scott Lambert wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
3. If you have a broken motor, and after dealing with consumer affairs, you
still have a broken motor (even if they send you a replacement), contact
Steve Jackson (see his web page at

http://www.io.com/~sj/

Steve is interested in broken monorail motors.

Frank

I hope I didn't start a name-calling war or something...

Not that I can see...

Anyway Consumer Affairs has promised to send me a replacement
for the broken motor. That takes care of my immediate problem;
restoring the train to play-ability. The question remains as to
whether I should attempt to repair the broken motor myself or
simply stash it for safekeeping. Along this line of speculation,
I wonder if we should quit playing with the set and make it more of
a museum piece / family heirloom?

Cool. You might still contact Steve and see what he would trade you for
the broken motor. I wouldn't stop playing with the set, after all that's
what LEGO is for. I would just set about securing another spare or two
or three.

If you feel mechanically confident, go ahead and open up the motor. You
might find a gear which is binding and be able to fix it. If it's the
actual motor which is burned out, you might find it is a replaceable
motor.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com