 Trains / 3076
3075  |  3077
Subject:
broken motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:39:02 GMT

Hi to all.
I'm not really into trains at all, but my nephews asked me
to try to find a replacement motor for this set they have.

#6399 Airport Shuttle

The motor (or reduction gearing) is seized up solid.
I think the set is not made anymore. I was tempted to tear
into it and try to fix it but I've noticed that this set
is going for respectable money on EBay et al and I hate to
diminish the value should they at some point want to try
to sell it.

I've heard this referred to as a monorail system; the train
carries it's own 9V battery around.

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Scott Lambert