 Trains / 3087
Re: broken motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:04:35 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <385189F1.CCCE1C7C@voyager.net>...
Carbon 60 wrote:

- call consumer affairs to see if they have any. Tell them it's the same
motor used in the 6991 which is the most recent vintage monorail...

Can anyone do that for me - I want some spare motors in case any of mine • break
in the future.

I shan't. You don't have a broken motor. Claiming that you do and you
want a free replacement is fraud. You should have procured spares when
you had the chance, they were available from Lego UK.

Or I'll sell you one of mine, USD 100.

Three thoughts on this.

1. If you want a spare motor, post in lugnet.buy-sell-trade that you want
one. There is someone who may still be able to get them (who has mildly
rebuffed me for passing on his name so I'll let him respond if he is
interested, and able - actually, I'm waiting on him to confirm that he can
get me a spare).

2. Watch on eBay for monorail parts lots. I have already received one batch
with a monorail motor, car plates, track, and a host of Metroliner parts for
a heck of a lot less than Larry's $100 offer for just the motor. I've got
another lot supposedly coming (I'm starting to get concerned if I've been
stiffed again) which is the motor, car plates, battery box, and most of the
track and supports and maybe a few other bits, from a 6990, all for about
$100. If you don't want the additional monorail track etc after doing this,
turn around and re-sell it on eBay, or in BST.

3. If you have a broken motor, and after dealing with consumer affairs, you
still have a broken motor (even if they send you a replacement), contact
Steve Jackson (see his web page at

http://www.io.com/~sj/

Steve is interested in broken monorail motors.

Frank