 Trains / 27603 (-20)
  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Another side topic I have not noticed to be mentioned here in Lugnet is the following: (URL) These new wheels (as shown by Heiner Berg from his 7898 set) have no bore hole reaching through the wheel, but they have a plastic tip which will be (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

PS. And we're both ignoring the IR battery box in the centre which also has to be worked around. (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Hi David, I've actually tried something similar to that before but didn't like the studs. The other problem with it is that it may not work since real studs are a little taller than half a plate. The best I've come up with so far is something (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Tim, Here is an idea I just put together. It uses many of the 1x2-2x2 Brackets. (URL) guess the only downside is that you have studs running the length of the train. Then again it does give it a nice textured look. (URL) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

--SNIP-- (...) I think there's more to worry about than the weight. I've not been able to figure out any decent way of getting a seven wide shell over the six wide baseplate that IR requires. I've tried covering it with snotted panels, tiles and (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LDD to LDRAW Conversion Fixes

I've been tinkering with the "ldraw.xml" file in LEGO Digital Designer (LDD), and have come up with the following list of fixes for good LDD/LDRAW conversion. In case you hadn't already discovered, if you append ".ldr" to the end of the file name (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Great. These answers, along with the info Ben provided, are the answers I was hoping for. You've really given my the urge to get some 7-wide equipment of my own. Of course wanting it and being able to build it are two different things :-) If (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LDD Signal Box for Save 9V Trains Contest (and John Neal)

Here's an LDD model of a British railway signal box. (URL) Signal Box>>(URL) The roof layout comes from one at Oakham, theough the steps are turned around here and the door set back to allow for a wider view from the windows. The roof lifts off to (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Come build at LEGOLAND on the Fourth of July

To celebrate the Fourth of July: Red, White, and Boom! event at (URL) LEGOLAND California>, all park guests are invited to help (URL) SCLTC> build the world's largest US Flag made entirely from LEGO bricks. Construction gets underway at 10:00. (URL) (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX) !

  Damsel: "I'm in distress? What distress?"

Hello all, I've build a vignette which I'm able to wear as a badge during events. It combines two of the three themes that kind of signify me within the LEGO community: trains and the Clikits trademark girls. (URL) Attached at the back is a black (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.clikits, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Dear Paul, 7-wide trains are not really uncommon. Lately the focus here in Lugnet may have been on 6-wides again (due to the factory sets), but 7-wides are just the perfect compromise between detailing and reliable operational behaviour. (And (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another tram / light rail from Turin!

(...) [...] (...) [...] (...) Luca, Great tram. I can't think of anything else to say, but I had to say that. Chris (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote: Spencer, Great models all around. Thanks for sharing them. [...] (...) [...] (...) I chuckled when I read this comment because the other night I was running my trains and I trough a switch by accident while a boxcar was (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) In my personal experience, most 7-wide trains run well on layouts with standard curves. IMO 7-wide is in a nice sweet spot between 6-wide practicality and the extra detail of 8-wides. On the subject of scale, 7-wides also blend in reasonably (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Dear Spencer, these Models are outstanding and certainly the best I have seen since quite a while. I am deeply impressed and have enjoyed klicking through your galleries. Thanks for posting these! (URL) my noneblay Homepage, which will go (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Scaffolding

Here's some scaffolding I made at the weekend. I'm mainly a spacey kind of guy, but I guess you could use this in a townie/train scenario. (2 URLs) Pete (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Another tram / light rail from Turin!

(...) All your trams are excellent. I must confess I ripped off one of your Turin trams for my version of the Manchester Metrolink which is the same basic design. I also second Tim David about the gaps. Great work indeed. Tim (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Spencer, These are beautiful. I haven't seen a lot of 7-wide stuff and this really shows off its potential wonderfully. Can you share any experience in terms of running 7-wide vs. 6-wide/8-wide? I'm curious how these would look running on a (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Another tram / light rail from Turin!

I really like your trams (I think I might be beconing a bit of a tram-spotter :( ) I especially like the way you aren't afraid to leave gaps in your windscreens to get the right angle/shapes, and I think it works well. Tim (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7-Wide BNSF & TTX Intermodal Train & Crane

(...) Hi Spencer, Great MOCs all-around! Thoroughly enjoy browsing through all the folders. later, James Mathis (18 years ago, 26-Jun-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact