 Trains / 27043 (-20)
  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) I'd recommend just searching Brickshelf for steam train pictures. Some people (like me) are lazy and don't add anything but there are plenty of good examples out there. (...) These are almost impossible to do (that should bring some designs (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

(...) No, typically passenger cars have equipment(blowers, compressors, heaters, coolers, etc), tanks (air, water, fuel, waste), and other things underneath the floors. As you move forward in time, the amount of stuff increases. (an 1860s wire truss (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A castle fan's Train plan

I never thought I'd have to ask this question, but hey details are details, right? Is it common for there to be very little between the bogies underneath a passenger wagon? I've been studying the Lionel toy version of the Polar Express, and thats (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) I picked up 300mm x 3mm rod just in a local hobby shop (URL) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Most likely never existed but.. Large flatbed car carrying a Shuttle SRB (Solid Rocket Booster) or some other form of rocket I have an HO gauge short hopper/container/flatbed (? - flatbed car with short walls) car full of rusty old train (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Ooh, I forgot about Steel Coil cars! I had several when I was into HO. The coil would be hard to do justice to. Perhaps the stiff plastic from the technic mars rover, or a catalog rolled up... AMS (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Jordan spreader Rail Grinder (these are not really suitable for trains as they are MoW) Schnaebel and big load (been done but just a cool car) Pickle car (early 19th century so it uses the vertical vats) Coil Steel car with one cover drawn (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) I would agree with everyone that the long hood is too short for the train, but at least in person, it feels proptionally too long compared to the Cab/nose. But from what I've been told, building it as a 6-axle SD would be much harder. So I (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC Brings the Island of Sodor to LEGOLAND California

SCLTC will bring the Island of Sodor to the first ever Thomas The Tank Engine/Bob the Builder weekend at LEGOLAND California this coming Saturday March 25 and Sunday March 26. Fans of Thomas and His Friends will see Thomas, Percy, Toby and other (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX) !!

  Re: New street

(...) Even more good work from you Jonathan. I really love where this city project is going. Grit and grime is an important part of real cities and definitely adds to model city projects IMO. Tim PS. X-posted to .trains PPS. Did I ever share this (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW Class 38 Streamlined steamer

(...) Hello Tim , Richie, Great work Tim !! One day i'll get around to building mine. Richie,in my very first email to Tim I called it a Class 38. So I guess its my mistake. Are you going to put it down as a Aussie Icon ? To All, A brief bit of (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  My very first train MOC! (well... almost)

Ok, so it's not really a MOC. But I did put bricks together myself! (3 URLs) The whole gallery> This is based entirely off of James Mathis' Santa Fe Pullman Pleasure Dome car design. I've only slightly changed it, I can take no credit. It's an (...) (19 years ago, 20-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Thanks

(...) The sidebar tells us the curators are Tim David and Larry Pieniazek (...) So I am. Thanks to Tim (not Gould, the other). AFAIK that's him who mainly manage the sidebar. (...) You are so right about these points Ben. I second your thanks. (...) (19 years ago, 19-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NW TrainFest 2006

Just cross-posting this to trains since the annoucement didn't go there... hope to see you there! -Matt :) (...) Blah, blah, blah blah blah, to try and get around the auto "you didn't trim enough of the original". Sorry for this little bandwidth (...) (19 years ago, 19-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Thanks

I don't know who the moderator is for lugnet.trains, but wanted to put out a quick note to say thanks. I'm always impressed with how quick the side bar is updated with new images. There are so many jobs that keep the AFOL community strong and (...) (19 years ago, 19-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Michiana-LTC to display at the SJVRR Swap Meet - Sunday, March 19

To all, The Michiana LEGO Train Club is pleased to display at the upcoming SJVRR Swap Meet on Sunday, October 16. Event Details: 10:00AM - 3:00PM CST Address: Elks lodge 3535 East McKinley Avenue South Bend, Indiana 46615 Admission: Individual $4 (...) (19 years ago, 18-Mar-06, to lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) It does look a little stubby--so I agree with Larry. However, it's sooooo cute being stubby :) Dave K -never overlook the 'cute' factor! (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) I think I may not have spoken clearly, my apologies. Older hood units have 2 hoods, one long one and one short one. With a safety cab (or full width cab and nose) the engine only has one hood, the long one, which in this paint scheme carries (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Aaron, If I'm suppossed to try and get my MBM done before your train is done, you better slow down. I'll have mine by the next SandLUG meeting. I'll get cracking on this ASAP, but not until after the Thomas the Train event at LL in 1 weeks. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: CN engine WIP

(...) Anthony, I saw your posts on your Polar Express. Hope you succeed. Glad you like this one. I'd say if you used to be into HO, you'll do as well as I did (also a model railroader). I had thought about building the engine in all black, and then (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact