 Trains / 24958 (-20)
  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Pendolino. Certainly I had heard of the Shinkansen and TGV long before I'd heard of the ICE. I can't really qualify beyond that though: succesful design just seems to work in an intrinsic way. That however may just be me! (...) to see one 'in (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Thanks to everyone who has answered. I think that these Paul Arzens trains are the closest thing to the real answer to my question. They do seem quite a distinctly European (as opposed to a single country) design and I have noted similar (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I find this interesting, can you quantify or elaborate on what makes a train 'train-like' For example what makes a TGV more train like than for example ICE3 (URL) or Pendolino (URL) I don't think it helps that the trains differ from country to (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I'm interested (an supprised that you consider 4561 to be European in feel, When I first saw it I thought space themed more than anything, if I had place it geographically I spose I might pick Japan, but only if pushed. Tim (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) One thing that seems to have been missed in this thread is that the new set is designed to go with the BNSF loco and so it is pretty appropriate and representative of this type of train. It would be nice if this kind of thinking continued, (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) The Bettendorf type trucks (is that a manufacturer or a generic type or patent?) look like a swing arm type and yes, are very different from any truck you could make with the stock Lego wheelsets, however I'm sure there are/have been many (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Sez the guy who's now a CSF-lovin' spacer. ;) Build some of your steamers again, foo! Legoswami (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) But you DO have British protos now! There's Thomas, Percy, James and all his other DUPLO freinds to play with! ;-D Legoswami (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

Dear John, dear Tim, (...) Thank you for these insights. It made the whole issue a lot clearer. Thanks, Christian (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) nice choice, Oh well, we can but dream! tim (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) <snip> (...) No, its not bad. I have several of those for that same purpose. Sometimes I wonder if designers are being kind and designing sets with dual purpose uses for some of the parts. Kind of like like buying SW sets and using the (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Well, go to 1000steineland in Berlin this summer, and you'll get more than enough European train designs for a start. HTH, Christian (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) I think that certainly helps, but I'd be interested in your sources. Mine are just what I vaguely remember from articles in TRAINS magazine all these years (coming up on my 35th anniversary as a subscriber)... (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Ummm guys, if you're gonna keep going down this thread, you might wanna take it to o-t.fun or somewhere - I think it's been way off topic for trains for quite a while now... ROSCO (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Hmmm, just maybe I'm clever enough to hang out in CSF......nah! :-) JOHN (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) It has always been my understanding that the FIRST reason for shared trucks is to reduce Rolling Resistance. Fewer wheels means less rolling resistance. But, I could be wrong on this. . (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Ah yes, the blind leading the blind. You two make quite the pair. Charming, really. Now run along. The grownups have important stuff to talk about. :-) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Actually, Kevoh nailed it. You've been had. JOHN (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Ya, every time someone trashes Jake for not looking out for us, I remember that set. Pretty slick move. So slick, I'm willing to forgive Jake for finagling his own minifig. (URL) or (URL) WHO can POSSIBLY say that isn't a minifig Jake??? (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview

(...) Stick to that line of thought, Kevoh... it might even work for you, over with the spacers. (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact