 Trains / 24953
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 10:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:

   I’ll give you the buffers, but I don’t see that the wheelsets are particularly European, in what way do you mean?

Practically every US stock car runs on Bettendorf trucks, which resemble this (that Ross created):

The TLG trucks are designed to resemble more of the single axle type for European stock cars.

JOHN

The Bettendorf type trucks (is that a manufacturer or a generic type or patent?) look like a swing arm type and yes, are very different from any truck you could make with the stock Lego wheelsets, however I’m sure there are/have been many other types of truck in use in the US, you have to remember that the Lego wheelset has to represent the wheels on passenger stock and locomotives too. Although in an earlier post I said that I thought the Lego wheelsets didn’t really represent anything Euro either perhaps a wheelset that is non-specific to anywhere works better when you only have one element for a global product.

Tim