 Trains / 24948
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 07:38:08 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rick Clark wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, James Seibert wrote: snip
   I have a request though, can we have a nice boxcar? Different colors? My minifig passengers are complaining about all the dry goods being loaded in the seats next to the them :)

Actually, Jake already delivered on this request, although in a sneaky way. It was Jake who (strongly?) suggested to the set designers that set #7045, Hovercraft Hideout

would greatly benefit from the use of part# 4511, box car door

snip

   I know it’s still not the same as being able to buy a boxcar set, but ya gotta admit, that ain’t bad.

No, its not bad. I have several of those for that same purpose. Sometimes I wonder if designers are being kind and designing sets with dual purpose uses for some of the parts. Kind of like like buying SW sets and using the minifigs as peasants for castle or crew on a pirate ship. Luke, what would my ships do without you.

Rick C.

Oh, and for the record (and to stay marginally on topic), I really like the new intermodal cars. Nice!

This may not be on topic but is production capacity the limiting factor for issuing new train products? I would like to see more train cars of various types like the Lionel display wall at the train shop. Granted, we may not get that many, but the intermodal is great addition to the tank, hopper, and flat cars. I wouldn’t mind seeing four or five different cars released a year, but that is for the powers that be to decide.

James