 Trains / 24946
Re: 10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 03:25:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Salm wrote:

It has always been my understanding that the FIRST reason for shared trucks is
to reduce Rolling Resistance.  Fewer wheels means less rolling resistance.  But,
I could be wrong on this.

I think that certainly helps, but I'd be interested in your sources. Mine are
just what I vaguely remember from articles in TRAINS magazine all these years
(coming up on my 35th anniversary as a subscriber)...