 Trains / 23253 (-20)
  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

These pictures should give you some idea of how it works. First, here's the whole wheelbase from the side: (URL) As you can see, it's big. It takes up 90° of curve on its own. This includes the tender though. The main thing to notice in this picture (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Duplo intelliTrain sets on sale at KB

Duplo/Explore intelliTrain sets on sale at KBtoys.com Explore Logic: Intelli-Train Deluxe Set $50 (URL) Explore Logic: Intelli-Train Station $15 (URL) Mat Clayson (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) Jason, I may try something along these lines. I want the back two wheel sets of the tender to be a 9v motor. My next experiment was to connect the front truck in the tender to the rear set of drive wheels. From what you say this should work. I (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) For exhibition layouts I would say I have to agree with everything youy say above. Lego IS a toy and if you want trains to go through a moon-base so what? Loops allow for continuous movement with less operator effort. My comment about the (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) IIRC, COLTC has done this, using swallowable gastrointestinal cameras about the size of a large pill, which can be embedded in a locomotove where the headlight would normally go. The result is broadcast, received, and displayed on the laptop (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) I built a B&W CMOS camera into the back of a TV OB-Van a few years ago. The kids had fun trying to work out from the image where the camera was on the layout. It never occurred to them it was right where a minifig is sat in a crane chair (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) I'll put some up shortly. Your cylinders are a little more complex than mine - I use something similar to my Rocket. My whole train fits within 8 studs wide, apart from the odd stud on the end of some half-pins. (I might have to slice these (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Ooohh. Any chance of something like that being up here (Edmonton, Alberta) in late September? Lets just say that our group (NALUG) is going to have some bridges for this year's GETS (Great Edmonton Train Show) display. (See (URL) for some (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) One of the things I am looking forward to at BrickFest is being able to run some trains. No room in my basement - it's full of nasty machinery like milling machines with a terrible hunger for bright shiny ABS bricks ;) The thing is, my new (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Yes, at minifig eye level. That's the perspective I'm personally most interested in. No, at normal viewing level. But that's OK. We usually have at least one endloop visible anyway. and both ends if the mountain isn't there. (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) To Jason Have you got pictures of your 6 wheeled train, wheelbase ? I would like to see your idea ! Here is what I did for my steam train (URL) wait to see what new parts Ben has made ! Ben , Will you also be doing an anouncement on (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) There's been an argument going on about this on our own club site. My side of it was that if you want to model a specific length of line to your own satisfaction, then do it and forget about detailing the end loops. But, when it comes to a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Steam engine complex wheelbases (was: BBB wheels sales)

(...) Thanks for letting that slip Ben. I presume the other one is still a secret though... I did just work out a way of getting a six wheel set around a corner, with connecting rods. It allows one of the middle wheels to fold in on the inside of a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Hello All, for my part, when I was in appartment, I had a small loop and a hump (slopped) yard with a remote decoupler. I had fun switching car and then going in a loop, then more switching. Now after I finaly renovated my basement in my (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  The 4511 Mechsperiment

C'mon!, You know I had too! (URL) The 4511 Mechsperiment> (URL) Some time ago, I just knew what I had to do. So finally did it. (URL) I used 1 million Mini-figs in this seven foot tall Mecha. It features 780,002 left monkey arms and 425 left white (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BBB wheels sales

(...) Mat, What you need is a blind driver - a wheel without a flange. The blind driver is one of the two new parts that will be introduced at Brickfest. Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Getting Started with LEGO Trains book at BrickFest

I'm planning on bringing some of my (URL) LEGO Trains books> to BrickFest to sell during the public showing. At BrickFest PDX, several AFOLs bought books before the event, and I delivered in person. If you are interested in doing that this time (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.books, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) PWM systems can overcome part of the problem of slow speeds, using 2 motors does the rest. However the price of points, the fact that they can only be automated at high costs/effort and the fact that LEGO couplers aren't easy to automate (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

(...) Not having a good uncoupler out of the box is, I think, more of a deterrent than the electric contact part but that's certainly a factor too. But people DO create switching layouts... Rick Clark exhibited a timesaver (famous switching problem (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roundy Roundy

A dogbone is good for giving an impression of a double track main line, especially if you hide the loops at each end to a certain extent. However what I was really wondering was whether the characteristic of Lego train components effectivly (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact