 Trains / 22768 (-20)
  Simple RC Throttle

Just another thought or two... I tried running a non-DCC locomotive (i.e. one with a regular train motor :-) by hooking the RC receiver's output directly to the track. You get 3 speeds forward and reverse: real slow, medium, and full speed. No doubt (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Simple RC Throttle for LDCC

Having recently acquired the 8376 Hot Flame RC Car... [LEGOSet 8376] ...it didn't take too long before I got to thinking about how this bit of gadgetry might be useful in the train environment. :-) So, here's the idea: (URL) Yep, that's a micromotor (...) (20 years ago, 13-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Micro-scale coal-train

Hi, This is my first venture into trains. When I saw the new Bionicles, I imidiately thought of the knee-caps as small coal waggons from the old Welsh coalmining trains. I've made a small attempt at making this into a micro-scale coal-train (1 wide (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic.bionicle) !

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:Hw1E5M.10F@lugnet.com... (...) style for (...) so I (...) for that (...) more (...) Easy access to rear in case of a derailment. Well assembled. Great color mixing. Lots of detail. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  New MOC: Lifeline EMS vehicle (mit schleim:-)

There is a great new set out, (URL) 4857> that features an EMS vehicle with some wicked cool stickers bearing the acro FDLL, as the New York Fire Departments do (I thought it was so cool that I even printed some FDLL t-shirts, but more on those (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Small mountain with train and road tunnels

(...) Very nice. Might be a good idea to build up the ground next to the water on top of the hill though, to make sure the water flows down the waterfall! (One plate above the water will do). I'm aspiring to make scenery like this myself, but I'm (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Small mountain with train and road tunnels

I made a small mountain that fits on three baseplates arranged corner style for a quarter circle of train track. I was running out of gray bricks/BURPS, so I added a curved roadplate as the corner baseplate, making a tunnel space for that as well. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Low floor light rail train scene

Hello, In february, british transport group Arriva announced a light rail project along the outer ring road (Ring 3) of Copenhagen, Denmark. When I saw the model pictures of the future light rail train, I just had to build it in LEGO! Having built (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: power supply

(...) The short answer is yes, you can add wires & track connectors further from the lego power box. There are 3 options, and you have layed out 2 of them- adding wires from one power pack, seperating the track into 2 or more sections using (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  power supply

Hi is there any way to keep the power level's up to my trains on large lay-out's?? I seem to loose power at the outer reacher's and have wonderd if i can add multiple power supplies or at least track conector's to one control box. (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  New POV-Ray locomotive

I have generated a rendering of my SD40-2 in a snow storm at night. The snow was created from POV-Ray code that I found on Paul T. Dawson's web page. There is a link to Paul's site on my site. I used the media and media attenuation to get the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

My observations: 1. Dremel disks break. Get a good pair of Safety Glasses _AND USE THEM_. How do I mod track? Jewelers saw, Dremel, File, 5 min epoxie, small soldering iron, 2x6 lego brick, 2x4 lego plate, solder & rosin flux. Take saw. Cut plastic (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

(...) Hello All, I have just put some pictures of my 4 6 2 chassie ,that uses 6 BBB drive wheels ,on Brickshelf. This is my first time putting pictures on Brickshelf,and the picture are a bit big 2288 * 1712 res. I will learn how to make them (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

I've sold a few of my custom crossovers on eBay so I thought I'd chime in about cutting tracks and other track mods. I always remove the rails before cutting and my cutting is done with a single edge razor blade, making a rough cut first, then (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) [snipped] My first couple track modifications, I used a scroll saw. This works very good for the ABS... but poorly for the metal rail. Later, I learned that using a cutting disc/dremel on the metal rail was much easier. I then run the track (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My pics from MonLUG's 6th train show

(...) Replying to myself, I've made a mistake. The pictures are in this folder: (URL) Sorry! Pierre MonLUG #1 (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) There are other options available. Rotary tools come in three standard groupings: single speed (on/off), multi-speed (2 or more fixed speeds), and variable speed (low, high, and everything between). Mine is a Craftsman-label manufactured by (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

(...) That's what's put me off so far. I don't have a very steady hand and a dremel goes at minimum of 10,000rpm. I'd be likely to shatter the disc, slice the parts in the wrong places or chop into my hand! At least the table saw you showed had a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New train MOC pictures

(...) Larry, you wanted to see some more pictures of the Pendolino. Tony Priestman took this last year, showing the bevel gear mechanism at each end of each coach: (URL) 6-wide frame doesn't tilt, but supports the bogie below and the body either (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Question about point/switch modifications.

Hey, Does anyone have any links? Build Well Erik Bush (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact