 Trains / 22233 (-20)
  Definitive Spamcake

Hello Spamcake fans! Every so often the question "what is it" pops up, so I've made a page explaining what it is (so far). For town and train themes, its definition probably won't change. For space, it might change a bit over time. Linkage is found (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  RCXing The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill

(...) Ditto (...) Thanks much Larry :) I'm glad you think I didn't overdo it. (...) You're in luck Larry. According to what I've read, during the 17 or 1800s, a new invention appeared for Post Mills. It was a small rotor attached to the back wall of (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill

Much snippage. (...) I think he has helped you a lot. Manfred's eye for detail and ability to generate constructive suggestions is nothing short of amazing. (and that database he pointed you at... what a labor of love! The people who did that must (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) The brewery and the brand are real, so is the story. (URL) has some info on the current state of the buildings, and that's where I got some of my inspiration from. It was right behind my old school so I went there a lot. -- Jan-Albert van Ree (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) NICE! Is it a real product too? Or just totaly made up? I like the story line & the models. Josh (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Train trucks over baseplates

(...) WBR, ==Hor (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

Right before the deadline I finally managed to finish my entry, titled "Hengelo Bier" It tells about the rise and fall of a small Dutch brewery. Right now it can be viewed at (URL) van Ree | (URL) Bier leeft!" (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Getting started with LEGO trains ???

I just have been told it is comimg out in February. David (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) Hi! In my experience, a big two motor engine is rquired to pull a good sized 8-wide train. At the last NELUG show we ran engine--flatbed(w/tr...e_as_load) --box_car--refer--do...er_carrier --tank_car--caboose. I found that my single motor (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flush access door

(...) Have you seen all of the Cad's I have of my projects? Can't wait to see this locomotive! Josh (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.space)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) The RCX motor outputs are officially 0.8 amps each. This will just drive 2 train motors lightly loaded as I think the RCX DCC folk will confirm. The Lego train controller is good for about 1.5 amps and can thus handle 3 motors and 4 if they (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) (Pretend that the words in the above sentence were ordered in the way someone who *has* eaten today would have put them, please. Thanks.) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) Ok, cool. I like hearing what I wanted to hear. :) (...) Hmmm. Any idea much can one RCX typically handle? (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) Batteries are my *enemies*. You have to change them and stuff, and have some sort of accessible power switch. And all the battery boxes I have are quite large. Blech. :) (...) Ahh, but if I were going for cheap and realistic, would I be using (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) They're going to be kinda weirdly sized. Not sure yet. :) (...) I'll experiment and see what I come up with, then. (...) Aggh! No!!! Looks like I'll be putting a motor there, then. I'll hafta see if there should be two at the front, too. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

We at LUCNY run long trains - 6 wide - but often 30 pieces of stock long. Our experience is you have to have a rear driver else the magnetic couplings are likely to give out. We have never had problems with the pusher squeezing the intermediate cars (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) Well this all depends on what type of train cars your going to build. If you were going to build a train of flat cars and tank cars one motor would be ok. However if you’re like me and you like boxcars and other heavy models then you will want (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: basic train questions (power, mostly)

(...) 2 would be better if you're talking 8 wide cars that are proportionally sized (...) I'd put them both in front but one at each end works. (...) not pure LEGO 9v. You would have to hack something together using cutting or whatever. (...) Check (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  basic train questions (power, mostly)

Hello train folks. I haven't done any Lego train building before, but I have an Idea for a Project. I've gotten a couple of train sets and have a few more on order, but in the meantime, and before I get too far with building, I've got some questions (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train trucks over baseplates

(...) Try looking at this write up, it's one solution that might help you: (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact