 Trains / 21699
Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:09:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:

<snip>

Be right back :)

Dave K

Oh My Goodness!!!

THis could get really fun!

So I install the Lenz N decoder in a train motor, leaving the 2x2 contact plate
alone (still connected to the wheel pickups)

Just soldered the pickups to the chip, and the chip to the 9v motor in the train
motor housing (easiest conversion to date, btw :) )

And then I put the motor on the track.  Test it--works just fine--no lights
yet--presumably I'll work on it.

Anyway, then put hte accessory block on the housing, and run a regular 9v wire
from the DCC accessory block to the 2x2 electric plate on the train housing.

Attach a regular 9v motor to the variable speed function on the accessory block,
then put the whole thing on the track.

Start up the train motor so it's coasting along the track, then start the 9v
motor.

It all works!  Pics in a bit!

Now I can make that train crane better :)

Dave K