 Trains / 21698
Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:31:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Hill wrote:
This is great!

Don't forget that this device does not have to be stationery but could be
incorporated into your mobile wrecker crane for remote control of those tricky
salvage operations!  You will need some method of picking up the contact to the
rails though,  maybe a train motor minus the motor?

I was thinking exactly this type of scenario at work today--getting a train
motor and taking out the motor--just use the contacts--but then I figured that
maybe I'll adapt one of my motors so that the 2x2 electric plate stays directly
connected to the wheelset, and then the train motor can be DCC, and I can
connect the DCC accessory brick to the 2x2 electric plate on the train motor :)

Ooooh...

I'm going to do that right now!  I just happen to have a DCC chip waiting to get
into a train motor--this should be an easier conversion 'cause I don't have to
isolate the 2x2 electric plate from the pickups--only the motor :)

Be right back :)

Dave K